Mental Health Monday is an ongoing blog series dedicated to helping authors, artists, and others stay creative even when facing their personal dementors, be it in the form of anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, etc.
If you would like to find previous posts in this series, just enter Mental Health Monday into the search bar to the right.
If you would like to be a guest poster or have a topic suggestion, you can send me an email at author [dot] SophiaBeaumont [at] gmail [dot] com. Just put “Mental Health Monday” in the subject line. Please follow the submission guidelines at the bottom of the page.
Do contributors get paid?
Not at this time.
Are you going to edit or change my post?
I will check over all submissions for formatting/copy edits, but your words will be your own. If I have to change anything more significant than a typo, I’ll let you know.
Will every submission be posted?
I hope so! But I reserve the right to reject a submission for any reason. I promise, I will tell you why in my email, and you will be welcome to revise and resubmit.
I don’t think I’m ready to write a post, is there another way I can participate?
Sure! Look for #MHMon on Twitter. I’ll be using this tag to get reader input, take polls, etc. Any conversations we start here on the blog can be continued on Twitter.
More questions? Leave a comment below, or shoot me an email.
All posts should be:
- copied into the body of the email
- Less than 3,000 words
- formatted for web (no indents, double spaces between paragraphs)
- If there are images, please make sure they are pg-13, attached (not embedded!) with a clear notation of where they should be placed in the text
- Your byline (how you want your name to appear on the post). “Anonymous” is a perfectly acceptable byline.
- Your name. While I won’t share your name unless you give me permission (see above) I would still like to know who I’m talking to. 🙂
Posts can cover any subject relating to creativity and mental health, or writing characters with mental health disorders.
Optional to include:
- Author photo
- short bio (<100 words)
Coming June 5: Personal essay by M.K. Anders