The 2017 Goals:
- Send out at least 1 query every week
I did pretty well on this, I think. I did take a month off, but sent out way more queries in other months.
- Release The Spider’s Web on Amazon (once rights have been returned)
- Reduce the yarn stash by 50%
- Save for the moving
On hold indeffinately
- Read all the books on the night stand
- Read at least 20% diverse books
I hit 25%, pretty much on the nose, which surprised me. I’m hoping to up that number in 2018, however.
I managed to accomplish about half of what I set out to do. I also accomplished a lot of other things I hadn’t planned on. I re-released The Spider’s Web and put out The Ferrymen. I wrote Moreau House (out February 27), was the runner up in Shore Indie, wrote two more books, was made a presenter (basically staff) for Steampunk Symposium, did a bunch of interviews, and a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately, the financial stuff has been completely out of my control since July.
So what about 2018?
- Send out 2 queries per week.
- Publish 3 books.
- Read the books currently on the night stand.
- Read at least 1 indie book per month
- Read at least 30% diverse books.
I’m not going to tell you which books I’m publishing in 2018 (yet), but I will say that the first two will be Moreau House and All for One. As for the third…well, you’ll just have to wait and see. 🙂