Tags

, , , , ,

Oh, hi Friday! You snuck up on me. When did you get here?  photo 5

I’ve been working on several projects lately, and I’ve even finished one! I finished the village socks with only a little yarn left over.

This is an improvised pattern. I think I have my own personal sock recipe down for the most part, but there are still a few tweaks I want to make.

The yarn for these socks is Knitpicks Comfy Fingering in Blackberry. These were scraps from another project, and are equal to 1-1.5 balls.

I’ve used this yarn before. It was the yarn I used for my top, and I’ve made a couple of pairs of socks in the past (though both pair had to be torn out due to sizing issues). It’s okay to work with, but I don’t think it will hold up very well in the long run. We’ll see how long these socks last, since few things are more hard-wearing than socks!

photo 1As soon as the Village socks were off the needles, I cast on for Village Socks 2.0.

I guess that’s a bit of a misnomer, though, since they’ve been my general travel project for the last week or two, instead of being relegated specifically to my Village kit. I’ve actually finished the cuff of the first sock at this point and I’m starting work on the leg. I’m using the needles I picked up at the antique show a few weeks back. While this pattern is based on the same basic sock recipe as Village Socks v. 1, I had to adjust it a little since I normally knit socks on a set of 5 3mm or 3.5mm needles, this time I’m using a set of 4 2.25 mm needles. I had to add an extra 15 stitches to the cast on to make sure they would go over my foot!

photo 1

My last project isn’t knitting, but embroidery! After a few weeks of searching fruitlessly for my box of embroidery supplies (AWOL since we moved last year), I finally caved and bought more floss. While I was at Michael’s, I also happened to find a box of little gears in the jewelry department, and snapped them up. They were originally intended for something else, but I had several left over and they looked like the perfect embellishments for this project! I still need to finish stitching the quote that will go in that blank space in the middle, and then I’ll have to block it out so that it can be framed. After three years of work, I’ll be happy to have the finished product!