I have two books that I want to shop around this year, and I’m looking for a second (or third or fourth) set of eyes to look them over before I send them out.
You don’t have to be an English professor or have any kind of fancy degree; all I’m looking for is a dedicated book lover who is willing to give these MSS a pass and let me know what they think.
What I’m looking for in a reader:
- Preferably a fan of the contemporary/urban fantasy or steampunk/historical fantasy genres.
- Can point out errors in continuity and flow; can point out any unanswered questions in the storyline that I might have missed.
- Will give an honest (but polite!) feedback on the story and characters.
- Can read their chosen manuscript and provide the above feedback within 30 days
- Files available in .doc, .docx, or via google docs
What I’m offering to my readers:
- Undying thanks and affection
- possibly handmade knitwear
Story the first: The Spider’s Web
- First book in a planned trilogy
- Set in the Night Wars universe by Missouri Dalton (remember, she’s my roommate; written with her permission and developed in conjunction with the Night Wars Series)
- New Adult Contemporary fantasy (that would be something that falls between young adult and regular adult; think college age)
- Similar to: The Hanged Man’s Ghost, the Cassie Palmer series (early books)
- 60,000 words
- Available immediately
Story the second: Magic in Bedlam
- First book in a planned series of 5 books
- Set in an alternate version of London, 1889
- Steampunk, fantasy, romance
- LGBT friendly
- Similar to: Harry Potter (later books), The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
- 94,000 words
- Available no later than 1/9/15
*Both books contain swearing and adult situations.
If you are interested in either of the above and think that you meet the qualifications, please send me an email at author.sophiabeaumont (at) gmail (dot) com. If you have any questions, you can post them in the comments below and I’ll reply ASAP, or you can always catch me on Twitter (@knotmagick)