1. Due to some nonsense with Yahoo, I’ve deleted my account. If you need to contact me, you can do so through my gmail address: knotmagickknitter (at) gmail
2. Read Recently: Haunted London by Richard Jones
While hardly the end-all-be-all of travel haunting books, this was really fun to read and includes stories of over a hundred haunted places in London. A few I’ve been to, a few I’d never heard of, and a few I knew more about than was mentioned in the book. If you’re into that sort of thing, then it might be nice to pick up before your next trip. Each entry includes a brief overview of both the haunting and the history of the location, as well as it’s location on a map and the nearest tube stations.
3. Read Recently: Sailor V manga, vol. 2
If Pacific Rim didn’t restart my anime kick, then this definately did. I’m a huge Naoko Takeuchi fan, have been for years. I love her art style and I can’t tell you how excited I was when I found out that not only are Sailor V and Sailor Moon getting reprints with all new (better!) translations, but there’s going to be a reboot of the Sailor Moon anime starting later this year. So far details are very hush-hush, but I’m stalking a couple of the SM boards and fansites looking for details.
4. Watched Recently: Ripper Street
I love Matthew Macfadyen. He stars in this excellent Victorian-set crime drama (available on Netflix), and if you haven’t seen it yet, go find it. It’s wonderful. That is all.
5. Currently Watching: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
I watched the first FMA series (most of it) when it was first coming out in the US. My college roommate was completely obsessed with the series, so really it was unavoidable. It was good.
Brotherhood is so much better.
I find myself incapable of watching less than half a dozen episodes in a sitting, and I don’t remember the last time I did that with an anime.
This one is also on Netflix.
6. Caffrey continues to get a workout. Can I just say again how much I love, love, love using a typewriter for outlines? My current outline in progress is top secret, however. I might give a few details next week, if I decide to pursue it. If not, it will go into the file I’ve started for outlines.
7. Since he’s been getting so much use, I’m starting to think that Caffrey needs a bit of a makeover. The grey 70s look just isn’t me, and I’ve got a tube of royal blue acrylic paint that has been sitting unused for some time, not to mention several cans of spraypaint. But that is likely a project for another time, since I STILL haven’t pulled out the steampunk typewriter. I’ve started to three or four times this week, and then gotten distracted by other things. Perhaps over the weekend. We’ll see.
8. Lists happen when I am both in a funk and when I’m feeling super creative. For once, it’s the later. My brain is going in about a hundred directions at once, and it wants to DO ALL THE THINGS. I’m trying to rein it in with some knitting. It may need to be tied down with something stronger than yarn.