I made a few small dents in the UnFinished Object bin over the weekend. On Friday, I cast off the dish mat that I started just before we moved into our current house–back in November, I think. It’s been languishing for a while. First because lack of yarn, and then because I just plain forgot about it.
When that was done, I had some scraps leftover. Not enough for a new project, but enough that I felt bad about throwing them away. I remembered seeing several small balls the other day when I was organizing the stash, so I laid them all out on my bed, grabbed a couple of crochet hooks, and started work on some more squares for my scrapghan (afghan made of scraps). It’s been well over a year since I made any progress at all on it; partially because of my wrists (the main reason that I don’t really crochet anymore) and the fact that I’ve been concentrating on other things.
I finished Missouri’s socks, too. No pictures, since they are currently wadded in a ball under her desk.
I’ve got about six inches and then the trim left on the work shrug. Hoping to finish that up today or tomorrow.
Lastly, my first batch of yarn for the book came in last week. One of the blends is a superwash merino/cashmere blend that is DIVINE. More details once I get the rest of the yarn and can really start to play around with it.